A reader asks:
It’s fall, the leaves are coming down, the nights are getting cooler, my old lady is wearing her flannel PJ’s and the turkeys are getting scared. It’s Thanksgiving time and Baldwin County has alot to be thankful for. But I’m worried about you, Chuck. Wtf are you thankful for this year?
A hungry turkey hunter
Thanks for writing. I’m glad you asked this question. There are many things I’m thankful I’m not:
- I’m thankful I’m not a tree cutter trying to make a living in Fairhope.
- I’m thankful I’m not on work release in Loxley.
- I’m thankful I’m not the mayor of a city that just realized it should have a strong-council.
- I’m thankful I’m not the one who tried to arrest Kenny Stabler.
- I’m thankful I’m not on the Robertsdale Arby’s diet.
- I’m thankful I’m not borrowing money to make payroll here.
- I’m thankful I’m not in Mobile.
But what am I really thankful for?
I’m thankful I live in Baldwin County, where the sky is a little bit bluer and the sun shines a little bit brighter than any place else I’ve ever been. I’m thankful this county has enough news and events to keep us in business. I’m even more thankful that many of the news and events are about good things and not always bad. I’m thankful our kids go to safe schools and have teachers that truly care about their education. I’m thankful that despite the election results and the bad economy, our country and our communities will weather these storms and come through them like we always have.
But I think most importantly, I’m thankful that visitors to this site click the ads because that’s what pays the bills around here.
Let’s hear from some of our readers on this question: What are you thankful for this year?