Promgoers Get Sick At Grand Hotel

Officials at the American Christian Academy are considering banning energy drinks after one student was hospitalized and several others became ill after drinking too many of the drinks during the school’s annual prom trip.

Headmaster Dan Carden says about 10 students became sick about 10 p.m. on April 11th while the school was at The Grand Hotel Marriott Resort in Point Clear for its prom. One student began vomiting.

Carden says the school holds its prom away from Tuscaloosa for safety and monitoring purposes. This year, 110 students made the trip.

Promgoers Get Sick At Grand Hotel